If you have moved from one county to another within the State, you MUST register to vote again in your new county. Follow instructions in the “Register To Vote” section on this page to submit a new registration application.
For name changes and address changes within the same county, you may use the Voter Registration Application to update your information.
To confirm your registration status and see your polling location, click on the following link:
Status & Polling Location
To vote in Alabama, you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Live in the State of Alabama
- Be at least 18 years old on or before election day
- Not be barred from voting by reason of a disqualifying felony conviction
- Not have been judged “mentally incompetent” in a court of law
- For municipal elections, you must have been a resident of the city for 30 days.
Follow the link below to complete a voter registration application on-line, download an application form, or request a form by mail:
Voter Registration Application
The cut-off date to register to be able to vote in an upcoming election is 14 days before the election.
Applicants must provide a physical residential address, not just a Post Office box. Applicant’s date of birth and an original signature are also required. Your County Board of Registrars will mail you a voter identification card with your polling location upon determining that you are eligible to vote in your county.
Students attending college in-state may register in either their home county or their school’s county.