Shelby County Democrats are committed to ensuring free, fair, and open elections, and to providing economic opportunities for all the people of Alabama.
Progressive Jobs Plan
- Make investments in road and bridges, public transportation, and broadband.
- Commit to support small businesses
- Stop big companies from shipping jobs overseas
- Increase the state minimum wage to a living wage.
- Accept federal assistance to expand Medicaid, adding billions to the state economy and creating tens of thousands of healthcare jobs
- Lower prescription drug costs by allowing the government to negotiate prices
- Expand Pre-K reading initiatives
- Improve public education with lower class sizes
- Improve teacher support and quality
Shelby County Democratic Party By-laws
Shelby County Bylaws 06-14-2018